Animal licences

We are responsible for issuing a range of animal licences to ensure that owners of animals and establishments comply with the required standards.

Straight to...


Animal boarding licenceHow to apply and what conditions you must meet.


Dog breeding licenceYou will need a licence to breed and sell dogs.


Dangerous and wild animal licenceYou will need a licence from the council to keep dangerous or wild animals.



Pet shop licenceYour premises must meet certain conditions before we grant a licence.


Horse riding establishment licenceHow to apply for a licence to run a horse riding establishment.


Animal movementsYou must have a licence to move cattle, sheep, goats, pigs and deer.



Performing animalsZoo licence