If your child is going into reception, year 3 or year 10 in September and you receive a qualifying benefit, you may be entitled to a grant of £125.00 towards the cost of their school uniform.
If your child is going into year 7 in September and you receive a qualifying benefit, you may be entitled to a grant of £200.00 towards the cost of their school uniform.
You will only qualify for a school uniform grant if you receive at least one of the following:
- income support
- income based job seekers allowance
- income related employment and support allowance
- child tax credit (but not working tax credit) with an annual income below £16,190 (April 2011)
- pension credit (guaranteed credit)
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Universal Credit and your yearly net earnings must be no more than £7,400.
You cannot receive a School Uniform Grant if you are in receipt of Working Tax Credit.
How to apply for a school uniform grant
You can only apply for a school uniform grant from the local authority of where your child goes to school.
If your child goes to a school in Denbighshire, you can apply online for a school unifrom grant.
You can only apply for a school uniform grant for the current school year
Applications for school uniform grants for the following school year should be made from July. Applications for the following school made before July will be disregarded.
Apply online for a school uniform grant (for a child going to a Denbighshire school)
Information from other Local Authorities
Some schools have a policy to provide help towards school uniform costs for pupils in year 8 and above, please contact your child’s school to find out if they can help.