We will need to find out why you are homeless and whether or not you are intentionally homeless. You may be found intentionally homeless if you have lost your accommodation because of your actions, for example if:
- You deliberately did something, or failed to do something that you knew would mean losing your home;
- You chose to leave accommodation you could have stayed in;
- You ‘arranged’ to become homeless so that you could make a homeless application
- You could be intentionally homeless, for example if:
- You did not pay your rent and were able to;
- You lost your home as a result of anti-social behaviour;
- You did not act on advice given to you to prevent you from becoming homeless
If we do decide you are intentionally homeless and in priority need, we will only have a legal duty to provide you with temporary accommodation for a short period of time so that you can find somewhere else.
How to get help:
To get help and advice, and to talk through your options, you can:
Help yourself with our Homeless Prevention Guide.
Out of Hours:
If you become homeless outside working hours, and you have nowhere safe to sleep you can call our out of hours service on 0300 123 30 68.