Homelessness Prevention Guide

Keeping you in your home.

Straight to...


I'm struggling to pay my rent or mortgageIf you are not able to pay your rent or mortgage, talk to your landlord or mortgage lender as soon as possible.


I've received notice from my LandlordThe type of notice will depend on the type of agreement you have. If your landlord wants you to leave, they must give you notice in a particular way.



I want to leave my partner due to domestic abuseMake sure you have a safety plan in place even if you are not planning to leave straight away.


I want to leave home or my family/relatives have asked me to leaveWhat to do if you want to leave home or your family/relatives have asked you to leave.


I'm getting harassment from my neighbour/landlordThe law protects people living in a residential property against harassment and illegal eviction.