Complaints about social services

Please be aware that the Council may take longer to respond to any correspondence or complaints, due to staff shortages and the Council’s response to Coronavirus. Thank you for your understanding.

Make a complaint online 

  • Email us:
  • Call us for free on 0800 032 1099 
  • Write to us at: Customer Connections, Russell House, Churton Road, Rhyl, LL18 3DP
  • Tell a member of staff in Social Services

What happens next?

If you have made a complaint, this is the procedure we will follow:

Stage 1 – Local Resolution

  • We will listen to you and try to sort out the problem straight away. This will be within 10 working days.
  • If you feel we have sorted out your complaint we will write down what has been agreed and send it to you within a further 5 working days.
  • If we have not been able to sort out your complaint you can move on to stage 2

Stage 2 – Formal Investigation

  • If you are not happy with the result at Stage 1 and wish to move onto Stage 2 we will talk to you or your representative about your complaint.
  • We will write down your complaint and send it to you within 5 working days.
  • We will start the formal investigation when you return a signed copy of your complaint.
  • The Independent Investigating Officer will speak to the people involved to find out what’s happened; and
  • We will write to you and let you know what we have found within 25 working days of the start of the formal investigation.

If at any time you are not happy with the way we have handled your complaint you can contact the Public Services Ombudsman for Wales. The Ombudsman’s Office will try to sort out your problem within 12 months. You can get details of how to contact the Ombudsman on their website.

Please note that there are different processes for complaints about schools, complaints about councillors and complaints about all other council services.