It is recognised that there is a need to ensure housing is available to meet the needs of Denbighshire residents and that this is an important factor in retaining or attracting young people to live in the area. During the last Corporate Plan, we made a commitment to develop housing availability and we want to continue to expand on those successes over the course of this new Corporate Plan.
To achieve this we will:
- Support the development of 1000 more homes in Denbighshire. This will include:
- 170 of these will be Council homes
- 260 of these will be affordable homes provided by private developers and Registered Social Landlords (RSLs).
- Extra Care Housing.
- Additional specialist housing to support people with disabilities and low level support needs.
- Support young people to access suitable homes they can afford.
- Bring 500 empty properties back into use and perform among the best in Wales.
If we are successful we expect to see:
- A wide range of accommodation available to suit different needs.
- Fewer people in residential care homes.
- More people living in their own homes for longer (including people with support needs).
- More young people (up to the age of 35) able to afford housing.
- More empty dwellings returned to occupation.