We have developed a Local Flood Risk Management Strategy, which sets out how we will work with other risk management authorities, organisations and communities to manage flood risk.
An important part of the strategy is to make sure that our communities know:
- what potential flood risks exist
- what the council's and other risk management authority's responsibilities are
- what communities can do for themselves
This local strategy supports and complements the national strategy published by the Welsh Government. The national strategy outlines a national framework for flood and coastal risk management, which aims to balance the needs of communities, the economy, and the environment. The Welsh Government's National Strategy for Flood and Coastal Erosion Risk Management (Wales)
sets the following objectives:
- reducing the impacts on individuals, communities, businesses and the environment from flooding and coastal erosion
- raising awareness of and engaging people in response to flood and coastal erosion risk
- providing an effective and sustained response to flood and coastal erosion events
- prioritising investment in communities most at risk
Our Local Flood Risk Management Strategy supports and complements these objectives.
Read a summary of the Local Flood Risk Management Strategy.
Read the Local Flood Risk Management Strategy in full.