Environmental information regulations

Environmental Information Regulations give members of the public the right to access the environmental information we hold.

How do I request information?

Before you make a request
We publish lots of information through our Publication Scheme.  Please check here before making an Environmental Information Regulations request, as the information you're looking for may already be available in another part of the website.

You can ask for any information relating to the environment. This could include information about policies and plans that affect the environment; the state of the air, water or land; or how much money we spend on the environment.

Here are some examples of requests we’ve received in the past:

  • The cost of repairing & maintaining tracks in the Llangollen area. 
  • Details of all local air pollution control sites. 
  • The amount of income generated through allowing mobile phone masts on Council property. 
  • Information about the wholesomeness of water supply. 

Request information online

Alternatively, you can write to us at: Access to Information, Corporate Information Management Team, Denbighshire County Council, PO Box 62, Ruthin, LL15 9AZ.

We will try to get back to you within 20 working days, but it may take up to 40 days if you’re requesting complex information, or a large amount of information.

Will I be charged?

In some cases you may be charged a small fee for environmental information, but this depends on the amount and type of information you are requesting. You are welcome to contact us to discuss this before making your request.

The Information Commissioner

The Information Commissioner’s Office is the UK’s independent authority set up to enforce laws relating to public access to information. They provide advice to the public, and to organisations like the Council, that hold personal information and official records.